2 Hoppers and DVR functions issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2 Hoppers and DVR functions issue

Usmaak
Camera Crew

Yup.  The last update was on 6/6.  It did nothing at all to fix the problem.  It's been way too long and it's still an issue.

Fkhaled
Extra
Any update on this. I have been having the same issue for a while

joha
Extra

I am the original poster, and still having the same issue.

This is not a new problem.  I started having the problem last year with my two Hopper w/sling DVR's.  

I upgraded both of my Hopper w/sling units to the Hopper3 units to fix this exact issue.  Primetime Anytime recordings work fine on both Hopper3's.  It's only recordings that are not part of the Primetime Anytime networks.

I just thought it might be helpful to know this problem didn't just start in the last two months.  It has been a problem for some time and is not just limited to the Hopper3 DVR's that I currently have. 

Usmaak
Camera Crew

This only became a problem for me in April.  Before that, it was working just fine.  I do not use Primetime Anytime at all and it is not even turned on in my setup.  Most of the shows that I watch across the DVRs are on CW.

I know for a fact that this worked for me before April because this is (or was) a feature that I used frequently.

I just wish that they'd fix it.  It's one of the reasons that I went with this set up.  It's kind of silly that it is taking this long to fix it.

Highlighted

Usmaak
Camera Crew

The 8/8/2018 update mostly fixed this issue. On one of my DVRs, everything works. On the other one, pressing the stop button on the remote results in the show pausing.

Usmaak
Camera Crew

I spoke too soon. The issue is fixed, but this update introduces a much worse issue. I now have shows disappearing from my DVR! I am missing a whole bunch of shows that were there just a few days ago! So this has gone from bad, to worse. Doesn’t Dish even test updates before they release them. I mean I am glad that they mostly fixed the prior issue, but this issue is much worse. 

DISH Employee

Usmaak, the issue with the missing recordings is a known issue that is impacting many customers. Our Engineering Team is aware of the issue and is working to find a fix as soon as possible. Your recordings are still available for viewing through DISH Anywhere, website and app. 

Usmaak
Camera Crew

Thank you! That worked perfectly. I went to the Dish Anywhere app, and all shows are visible. I selected the one that I wanted to watch and View On TV and it started right up on my television. Good workaround. 

DISH Employee

Awesome! I am so happy that work for you! I will definitely add this to our success list for this workaround.

RickJLee
Character Actor

Great!  Thanks for fixing this issue for rewinding functions & other issues for Hopper to Hopper recorded viewing.  It's at least working for my (2) Hoppers!