2 Hoppers and DVR functions issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2 Hoppers and DVR functions issue

rnye62
Extra

I am having the exact same issue, and only have wireless connections.  I tried talking with Chat support and after explaining the symptoms was told to wait a couple weeks and see if it worked any better.  SMH.....not an answer, just avoidance.

redlite
Audio Engineer

It’s the U243 software, it started on one hopper that had just upgraded. The other one was on U242. It worked fine. As soon as the 2nd hopper upgraded to U243, it had the same issue. I also have to pair my Joeys with the Hopper the show is on to get them to display correctly

Usmaak
Camera Crew

There was a new software update for my hoppers last night. This morning, this is STILL an issue. Come on. This is one of the main selling features of this system and it has now been broken through two monthly updates! What is the ETA on the fix for this?

DISH Employee

At this time, we do not have an estimated fix date scheduled. The Engineering Team is currently working on finding a resolution. 

Highlighted

Usmaak
Camera Crew

Ok. Thanks for the info. 

RickJLee
Character Actor

I have this issue too.  I think it's the software updates from March 2018???  When is this going to be fixed?  Also, I went from an original Hopper to the Hopper Sling as the service guy said this would fix it.  IT DID NOT!!!  So if it's not the hardware it's your last software probably from March.  I am picking March as someone else noticed this problem and they pinned the problem to March 2018 and I do believe this is when I had ths issues as well. 

So back when I had the Hopper to Hopper DVR viewing it started, so service told me it could be the old lacking hardware vs new software.  WRONG!  Hopper Sling to Hopper Sling although not as slow for a lot of tasks is doing THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. The inherent software problem still exists!

That is to say, while watching one Hopper from another Hopper, Jump Back on the remote, jumps forward.  Holding down rewind, fast forwards.  When you pause, it pauses for a bit, then continues to play, without touching the remote for unpause.  This also happens for the rentals and VODs as well. To me this seems like copied code that wasn't reedited and no one caught it before uploading.  To make matters worse is the fact that this is still going on months later?!?!

DISH Employee

RickJLee, for this trouble with accessing the recordings from another Hopper, it is currently a known issue. It has been sent to our engineer team and is being investigated. At this time, the only work around is to access the recordings from the Hopper they were originally recorded on. I do want to escalate your account information to our Engineer Team, so we can ensure your equipment is targeted with a resolution when it is available. I will reach out to you in Private Messaging to get your account information. 

Usmaak
Camera Crew

Another update on 6/6. It is still an issue. I’m not sure why it is taking your developers so long to fix it. I mean it worked at one time. Up until a couple of months ago, I never had a problem with it. As this is a selling point of your DVRs, I would think that it would be getting more attention. Yea, I know... your engineers are aware of it. Do they intend to actually fix it?

DISH Employee

They certainly are Usmaak. Patching these bugs can have unforeseen consequences if not thoroughly investigated. It's sort of like a game of Jenga. Many of the software features are interlinked and as progress is made they must be meticulous in reviewing that no other features are affected as a consequence.

A quick fix is ideal; however, we want to make sure that we're doing whats best for everyone. We really do thank you and all of our customers with multiple Hoppers for bearing with us through this awkward time.

Nmbouck
Extra
I am having the same problem. I called customer service back in April. I was told it was being looked into.....
It’s June now.
Just yesterday, I watched a program on DVR A that was recorded on DVR B and it worked properly.
I was ecstatic the problem was finally fixed.
However when I watch a recording on B that was recorded on A, the problem still exists.
I reset my DVR. Still not working 😕